Thanks for visiting FABB. We are an all-volunteer group that needs your help to make Fairfax County and Northern Virginia a better place to bike. What can you do?
- Friday, May 20 - Bike to Work Day: Help FABB spread the word about our ongoing advocacy campaigns, help cyclists find the best bike routes to work, shop, etc. Sign up on Volunteer Spot.
- Saturday, May 21 - Tour de Fat: The best bike party in the DC Metro area. FABB needs help checking IDs at Tour de Fat held at Yards Park next to Nats Stadium. Sign up for morning or afternoon shifts. Enter "FABB" as the password and you will see "ID & Wristbands" and you can select morning (10am-1:30pm) or afternoon (1-5pm) shifts.
- Saturday, August 13 - Brewfest at Workhouse Arts Center: FABB is looking for help developing bike routes from various locations in Fairfax County to the Workhouse Arts Center in Lorton and its inaugural Brewfest on August 13, 2016 from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. It will feature nearly 100 craft brews by 30 breweries, a dozen bands performing on three stages, numerous food trucks, lawn games, and Workhouse artists in their galleries, which will be open for visitors to explore. To make it easier for bicyclists to attend the event, FABB wants to work with a few riders who know the area around Lorton to develop routes and cue sheets for the event. If you are willing to help, please contact Steve Ward at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- District Advocates - Speak up for better bicycling at local government and land use meetings and hearings in your county district. Not sure which district you live in? See the county Supervisor District Map. Contact FABB and we'll follow up with more information about how you can help.
- Bicycling Outreach - Help FABB reach out to the community at local events and share how we're working to improve bicycling around the county. Contact FABB.
- FABB Communications - Enjoy writing? Help provide bicycle news and events for the FABB newsletter, blog and social media. Contact FABB
- Contact FABB to find out how you can work with us to accomplish our goals. Visit the Events page for information about upcoming public meetings.
- Show up for public hearings and voice your support for better bicycle facilities.
- Attend land use meetings to ensure that developers provide bicycle facilities for employees and customers. Showers, lockers, and changing rooms will encourage more employees to bike to work. Safe, secure, covered parking is needed by all cyclists at employment and retail centers.
- Map bike theft locations—Obtain bike theft information from police reports, either using the Daily Blotter info from the Police Department news site or directly from police. Map locations using publicly available web-based mapping system.
Visit the Fairfax County Web site to find out about transportation and land use meetings. Visit the FABB Events page to learn about upcoming public meetings and other events where your voice can be heard.