Thanks for visiting FABB. We are an all-volunteer group that needs your help to make Fairfax County and Northern Virginia a better place to bike. What can you do?
FABB is involved with several activities throughout the year. With your help we can transform Fairfax County into a bicycle-friendly place. Here are current volunteer opportunities:
- District Advocates - Speak up for better bicycling at local government and land use meetings and hearings in your county district. Not sure which district you live in? See the county Supervisor District Map. Contact FABB and we'll follow up with more information about how you can help.
- Bicycling Outreach - Help FABB reach out to the community at local events and share how we're working to improve bicycling around the county.
- FABB Communications - Enjoy writing? Help provide bicycle news and events for the FABB newsletter, blog and social media
- Contact FABB to find out how you can work with us to accomplish our goals. Visit the Events page for information about upcoming public meetings.
- Show up for public hearings and voice your support for better bicycle facilities.
- Attend land use meetings to ensure that developers provide bicycle facilities for employees and customers. Showers, lockers, and changing rooms will encourage more employees to bike to work. Safe, secure, covered parking is needed by all cyclists at employment and retail centers.
- Map bike theft locations—Obtain bike theft information from police reports, either using the Daily Blotter info from the Police Department news site or directly from police. Map locations using publicly available web-based mapping system.
Visit the Fairfax County Web site to find out about transportation and land use meetings. Visit the FABB Events page to learn about upcoming public meetings and other events where your voice can be heard.