Tysons Bicycle Master Plan
Fairfax County is developing a bicycle master plan for the county, beginning with the greater Tysons Corner area. The Comprehensive Plan for Tysons was recently updated, with the goal of transforming Tysons into a vibrant, mixed-use urban area that is bicycle- and pedestrian-friendly. The Tysons bicycle plan will build on guidance contained in the Comprehensive Plan bicycle network section, and it will provide a framework for extending the bicycle plan to the entire county.
BikeTysons Interactive Map Application
If you are familiar with the Tysons area, you can provide valuable input to the planning process. An interactive map application, BikeTysons, is available for cyclists to identify needed bike routes, connections to surrounding neighborhoods, locations for bike parking or bike sharing, and other facilities that you think are needed in Tysons. You can also document dangerous conditions that need to be fixed. Comments must be submitted by November 12.
Below are documents related to the Tysons bicycle planning process.
- September 30 Public Meeting presentation—Overview of project, draft bike network (p. 23), Community Walk website (p. 35), and contacts (p. 36)
- September 8, 2010 Meeting Presentation—Includes First Cut, Near Term Bike Facilities (page 28)
- Minutes from the August 3, 2010 Bicycle Advisory Committee Meeting
- Project timeline
- Advisory Committee Members
- Greater Tysons Area (3-mile radius - actual study area boundary is based on 3-mile radii around each station, merged)
For other news and articles of interest, visit the FABB blog.